Saturday, November 12, 2011

Budget/Funding Activity

Working on the site categorical funding budget is a part of my every day duties as GIS.  I have become familiar with the allocations of funding and working within the budget.  I am thankful to the department of Special Projects and to the site office manager for their patience and guidance as I learn.
An important thing I have learned is to use all "most restrictive" funds first.  That way, you are left with the "least restrictive" funds to meet the needs of all students.  As an administrative team, we work to identify the needs of our site.  We work with our staff, students, and parents to identify the needs.  Next, a proposed budget of how the site would like to use the funds is presented to the School Site Council for review and approval.
I work with an exceptional staff and members of the site council who work closely to ensure that funds are used to best meet the needs of all students.

4 comments:

  1. Good insight and it makes sense to use the most restrictive funds first. Good luck with the rest of your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great point about using the most restrictive funds first. I guess those are the little things you learn when you get into administration that help you become effective and successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that you are familiar and are currently working with site budget. It seems so complicated and I hope that when it is my time I get it all down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are 't we fortunate to have such great support as we take ion more responsibilities in Clovis?! The elementary school budgeting seems to have layers or checks and balances with staff and parents involved. It is reassuring to know that even in the business side of a school kids are first!

    ReplyDelete